“I must say “The Work” is fabulous. The results were amazing… for our relationship and myself. I feel so free. I feel so liberated. I feel so much at peace. THANK YOU so much Michelle!” – Kathryn, Cobourg
About Michelle and The Work
The Work is such a powerful and effective tool for turning distress around. I used to believe that I had so many reasons to feel unhappy, unsafe, ashamed, and resentful. Eventually, I couldn’t fake my way through life anymore. Gratefully, in 2002 I found The Work. Since then, I have participated in numerous heart-opening classes, inquiries, and workshops with Byron Katie and others. I am in awe as I observe my life and the lives of others transforming into a much kinder way of living. As Katie suggests, “Don’t believe anything I say, test it for yourself.”
Four things I love about The Work:
- It is so simple. Write down what’s bothering you on a one-page worksheet. Wait with curiosity for your inner answers to four basic questions. Turn the stressful thought around to consider more possibilities.
- Nobody tells me what to do. The Work helps me tap into my own deepest wisdom. My insights and experiences show me specifically how to live a kinder life. It is an invitation, not a demand.
- It grows inner peace, joy, mindfulness, gratitude, humility, self-love, resilience, and kindness… It helps us flow with life instead of against it.
- We can apply The Work to absolutely anything. Minor frustrations or major traumas, victims or perpetrators, war or the weather—it’s all welcome and valuable for inquiry.
I am open to working with any issue, and I have extra experience working with:
- Relationships: approval seeking, betrayal, hostility, abuse of all kinds, trying to change or save others
- Money issues: too much, not enough
- Health concerns, body image
- Self-criticism: unworthy, shame, not good enough
- Parenting and family issues
- Divorce, child custody, legal system
- Anxiety, anger, bitterness, post-traumatic stress, depression
- Feeling trapped, lost, stuck, overwhelmed
I have been a Certified Facilitator of The Work since 2010. I gratefully work with men and women worldwide who are open to investigating their stressful stories and living a kinder life. I offer teleclasses and introductions to The Work, as well as in-depth, hands-on 1-5 day workshops and retreats which can be custom-tailored for your business or group. Just ask.